Polymer Comparison Table
Refine your ideal polymer, by reviewing all their attributes side-by-side
Clwyd Compounders has an extensive library of different polymer grades, of which, we process most of these different types and grades on a weekly basis.
We have the highly skilled workforce required to apply effective processing techniques for the different polymer grades we have to offer.
These polymers range from Natural rubber all the way through to synthetic polymers such as EPDM, Nitrile and Polychloroprene to name a few, we have the grade suitable for your desired performance criteria as well as being able to meet specifications to ensure the end part is optimal for your or your customer’s needs.
polymers processed in 12 months
formulations in our portfolio
Do you know which polymer you are interested in, or just browsing? Find more information on each polymer below. If you cannot find your required polymer please contact us and we will be happy to help.
- ACM - Polyacrylic Rubber
- AEM - Acrylic Ethylene Copolymer
- BIIR - Bromobutyl rubber
- BR - Polybutadiene
- CIIR - Chlorobutyl rubber
- CR - Polychloroprene (CR; aka Neoprene)
- CSM - Chlorosulfonated Polythene Rubber
- ECO - Epichlorohydrin
- EPDM - Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer Rubber
- FEPM C - Tetrafluoroethylene- propylene copolymer
- FEPM T - Tetrafluoroethylene-perfluorovinylether-ethylene terpolymer
- FFKM - Perfluoroelastomer
- FKM 1 - Fluoroelastomer copolymer
- FKM 2 - Fluoroelastomer terpolymer
- FKM 2P - Peroxide-cured fluoroelastomer terpolymer
- FKM 3 - Fluoroelastomer terpolymer containing fluorinated vinyl ether
- FKM 4 - Fluoroelastomer terpolymer of tetrafluoroethylene, propylene & vinylidene fluoride
- FKM 5 - Fluoroelastomer pentamer containing tetrafluoroethylene & fluorinated vinyl ether
- FKM LT - LT Fluoroelastomer pentamer containing fluorinated vinyl ether & methyloxyfluoroether
- FVMQ - Fluorosilicone (FVMQ)
- HNBR - Hydrogenated nitrile rubber
- IIR - Butyl rubber (IIR)
- IR - Polyisoprene
- NBR H - Nitrile butadiene rubber - high ACN
- NBR L - Nitrile butadiene rubber - low ACN
- NBR M - Nitrile butadiene rubber - medium ACN
- NBR/PVC - Nitrile butadiene rubber/PVC blend
- NR - Natural Rubber (NR)
- PU - Polyurethane
- PVMQ - Phenyl Silicone
- SBR - Styrene Butadiene Rubber
- VMQ - Silicone
- XNBR - Carboxylated nitrile butadiene rubber
Find the perfect polymer for you…
Specialist Rubber Compounds
We have dedicated mixing facilities along with an exclusive workforce to compound speciality polymers such as FKM (including Viton™), FFKM and a wide range of different Silicone grades.
These compounds are at the forefront of our business and our technical staff have an extensive range of knowledge on the grades we have available and how to effectively formulate with them to achieve the desired results you require from the compound. Due to the increase in cost of such speciality materials we understand how important it is to meet your requirements first time and working alongside us, we can achieve that together.
Specialist rubber compounds for a variety of industries
Clwyd Compounders supply materials for use in a wide range of industries, information about widely used polymers in a selection of our main markets is given below:
The ultimate elastomer for applications where only outstanding performance is good enough; suitable for use over a temperature range of -40 to 320°C.
- Seals for cabinets used in the manufacture of semiconductors, where plasma resistance is essential
- Reaction column seals for the chemical industry
- Deep well drilling applications, requiring prolonged performance at temperatures > 250°C and resistance to high pressure steam and amines
- Food industry applications where there is a requirement for high performance whilst undergoing high pressure steam cleaning
Clwyd Compounders have extensive experience of compounding these materials, and will take into account the full range of factors which may affect compound performance under these extreme conditions, so that you can order these very expensive materials with confidence.
All perfluoroelastomers compounds are produced in a dedicated clean room facility, and vacuum packed into foil bags for dispatch to avoid contamination.
Clwyd Compounders have been at the forefront of fluoroelastomer compounding for over 30 years. We have a dedicated internal mixer and mixing line for fluoroelastomer compounds which benefits from our decades of experience, imporivng the process, to provide the most consistent compound on the market.
Fluoroelastomers are often considered to be a single polymer type, but fluoroelastomers can be further subdivided on the basis of their monomer type(s). Different fluoroelastomer subtypes offer different compound properties (dependent on their constituent monomers and cure systems), which can lead to significant differences in compound performance. This large family of elastomers include polymers that are capable of resisting oils, methanol, caustic or corrosive chemicals, steam and extremes of temperatures (as low as -50°C or as high as 320°C). As fluoroelastomer specialists, we can help guide you to the most suitable fluoroelastomer subtype for your needs.
We can supply silicone (VMQ), fluorosilicone (FVMQ) and phenyl silicone (PVMQ) compounds suitable for applications ranging from medical to aerospace.
We also offer a range of specialised silicone and fluorosilicone compounds which contain specialist materials or additives. This range of compounds offers additional special properties, and includes:
- Conductive Silicone Compounds (loaded with graphite, carbon nanotubes or other specialist composite materials)
- Antimicrobial and antifungal silicone compounds
- Metal-loaded silicone compounds
- Magnetic silicone compounds